Thursday, 9th April 2009 at 8:16 am | 11 Comments »
Version 3.0.7 fixes a few bugs and introduces a few often-requested features:
- Added map button in rich text editor.
- Added setting to turn on/off polylines.
- Added setting to set colour of polylines.
- Added setting to override polylines in Widget.
- Widget map never zooms in more than default zoom setting.
- Added WP Geo news feed widget on admin dashboard.
- Admin panels re-implemented using WordPress API.
Rich Text Editor
There is now a button in the rich text editor so you can easily insert a [wp_geo_map] shortcode into your post.
On the settings page, you can now choose to turn on/off polylines on maps which display more than one post. You can also set the colour of polylines. The WP Geo Widget allow you to override the polylines settings so you could choose to show polylines only in your widget, or turn them off in the widget if there are set to show in the main settings.
There was an issue whereby if only a single marker was displayed in the widget or category map, the map would zoom in to fit just one marker. Sometimes this would mean that the map zoomed in more than the default zoom value in the settings page. This has now been fixed so that the map will not zoom in more than the default setting – it will still zoom out if needed so you can see multiple markers.
In your WordPress admin Dashboard there is now a panel which display the latest couple of posts from the WP Geo site via an RSS feed. Hopefully this will keep you all updated with any news about the WP Geo plugin.