Sunday, 18th July 2010 at 12:43 pm | 15 Comments »
I’ve just released this WP Geo release while attending WordCamp UK.
This version now works just fine with WordPress 3.0 and supports custom post types that use the WordPress user interface – for example, using the Custom Post Type UI plugin – you can add support for custom post types on the WP Geo settings page. You can also add support for a specific post type using the add_post_type_support(
There are two new filters so that you have more control of customising marker icons – wpgeo_markers and wpgeo_marker_icon. This will allow you to easily override any marker image so you could potential show different marker images for different posts or categories.
There are also some addition template tags – see the change log below.
There are also many minor fixes and and support for Simplified Chinese language.
- Fix for tooltip not working in WordPress 3.0.
- Fix to allow maps to be shown on tag archive pages by Lee Willis.
- Fix for default_map_control setting not being saved correctly.
- Ensure default map location is populated, otherwise map does not display when editing a post in the admin.
- Don’t try to show maps in feeds.
- Make sure includes are only included once.
- Added support for custom post types in WordPress 3.0.
- Added wpgeo_title() and get_wpgeo_title() template tags.
- Added wpgeo_post_map() and get_wpgeo_post_map() template tags.
- Added wpgeo_check_version() and wpgeo_check_db_version() for checking WP Geo version.
- Added ‘wpgeo_markers‘ filter in preparation for being able to add new marker icons.
- Added ‘wpgeo_marker_icon‘ filter. Allows you to override a marker icon based on post data and context.
- Added Simplified Chinese language.
- Language files updated.
Download the latest version of WP Geo from the WordPress plugin repository.